iSee Orthokeratology for Active Lifestyles
order prednisone overnight No matter what level of sports you or your child are involved in, you want the best vision you can have. Additionally, glasses are a hindrance for any sports enthusiast, whether professional or recreational, and traditional daytime contact lenses are often equally irritating and inconvenient.
Why iSee corneal refractive therapy is ideal for sports and active lifestyles:
- Clear unaided vision during activities.
- Unobstructed field of view and total peripheral vision without interference from glasses.
- No more spectacles that steam up from perspiration or become foggy when the temperature changes rapidly.
- No irritation caused by contact lenses.
- No need to bring spare contacts and contact lens solutions to practice and game days.
- No worrying about potential complications of refractive surgery, which could adversely affect athletic performance for a lifetime.
- They don’t fog up or get splattered with rain, mud or perspiration.
- They also provide more stable vision during quick head and body movements
buy cheap topamax iSee Ortho-K overnight lenses are ideal for most athletic activities, especially for sports where the ability to see without glasses or contact lenses is especially important. These sports include: archery, baseball, basketball, boxing, climbing, cycling, diving, football, golf, gymnastics, hockey, hunting, martial arts, motorcycle racing, rugby, racket ball, shooting sports, softball, skiing, snowboarding, soccer, surfing, swimming, tennis and wrestling.
Why Ortho-K May Be Better Than Contact Lenses
- Contact lenses can dry out, especially during periods of intense concentration when an athlete may not blink frequently enough to keep them moistened. If they become too dry, vision can fluctuate.
- Contact lenses can sometimes move off center or become dislodged from the eye, especially during contact sports or if they become dry.
- Contact lenses for astigmatism can rotate on the eye during rapid head movements and certain postures, causing unstable vision.
- Eye allergies can be a problem for contact lens wear. Athletes who normally can wear contact lenses successfully may find their contacts become intolerable during allergy season, when pollen and other airborne irritants can stick to the lenses.
click Ortho-K therapy helps eliminate these contact lens related vision problems and provides the freedom to experience sports and active lifestyles that traditional contact lenses can’t.
Too young or looking for an alternative to Lasik
While surgical vision correction offers the convenience of not having to wear contact lenses or glasses, it is not for everybody:
- Like any surgery, there is no guarantee of a perfect outcome with LASIK or other vision correction procedures.
- Like any surgery, there are risks of complications from LASIK and other vision correction procedures. Possible complications include glare and halos around lights, persistent dry eyes and reduced visual acuity or contrast sensitivity.
- You must be over 18 for most surgical vision correction procedures, eliminating LASIK and related surgeries as options for younger athletes.
Corneal reshaping therapy, on the other hand, is safe, non-surgical, non-evasive and reversible. In fact, corneal reshaping therapy is so safe that many eye care practitioners are comfortable performing the procedure for children as young as 7 or 8 years old.
Additionally, Ortho-K is ideal for athletes who are too young for LASIK. Ortho-K can give them good, uncorrected vision for sports throughout their school years.
Because Ortho-K is reversible, when a child reaches the age of 18, they have the option of discontinuing their corneal refractive therapy for awhile (allowing their nearsightedness or astigmatism to return and stabilize) and then have LASIK surgery if they no longer want to wear corneal reshaping lenses overnight.